Thursday, August 1, 2013

Free From Gravity

The next submission comes from a band called Free From Gravity. The band is led by Vince Barnes. After initially listening to the music, my first thought was that it sounded very similar to an era, more than it did to an actual musical genre. It's very hard to categorize this music. It's definitely rock, but what kind? I was immediately taken to thoughts of the late 1960's and early 70's when I was never even alive to have witnessed those years. It's a pure sound with vocals that come from an honest place. Other band members that are included on Free From Gravitiy's most recent release, "The Long Road", include Muddy Manninen on the lead guitar, Bob Skeet on the bass, and Paul Newton on percussion. I was kinda catching a Beach Boys vibe from their song, Ï Have A Dream" and I thought to myself, 'Damn, this would be some ok music to listen to if you were on a lazy road trip with the car in cruise control...not bad. To learn more about Free From Gravity, visit their website at: freefromgravitymusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment